[A letter for student] Announcement: Preventive measures for Distance Learning in NSYSU
Hope everyone is well and healthy!
According to the announcement on May 15, 2021, by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) of the Executive Yuan, Kaohsiung City is now enforcing Level 2 Epidemic Warning Standard. Considering the severity of the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in northern Taiwan, the fear of community spread in Kaohsiung, and comments from internal discussion and Student Council, the NSYSU Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disease Prevention Team has drawn the following measures in line with the government's directives to activate Level 3 standard.
Related measures and regulations for distance learning are listed below that require your cooperation to ensure campus safety as well your safety：
- 1. NSYSU has adopted distance learning mode for all classes from May 19 through June 8, 2021. May 17-May 18 will be an adjustment period.
- 2. Three modes of distance learning are available: synchronous, synchronous with video recording, and asynchronous. Please confirm with your instructor on the mode of teaching, and the Library Services webpage provides the necessary tools & instructions.
- 3. The University will announce on the website and send emails 3-days in advance if regular in-person classes are to be resumed.
- 4. Adoption of distance learning mode does NOT mean the closure of the University and campus. Students can stay in campus dormitories. However, please follow the preventive measures strictly and avoid going out, meeting in groups, and travel to other cities/counties.
- 5. Daily disinfection is scheduled for on-campus student dormitory areas for a safer environment. The shower areas partitions will be kept open and soups are available for sanitation. Students are advised to wear masks once out of their rooms.
- 6. All offices of the University will be open regularly next week, May 17-May 21, 2021.
Last but not the least, we are asking everyone to stay alert and to be supportive. Do not panic, and please follow the preventive measures and regulations. We believe that Taiwan will soon resume regular daily operations, and your cooperation is an essential part of the prevention!
NSYSU Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Prevention Team
May 16, 2021
For troubleshooting on distance learning modes, contact the Office of Academic Affairs:
* Curriculum and courses:
Ms. Hsiu-Wen Hsieh, ext. 2132, email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Ms. Ying-Hua Lee, ext. 2131, email: email@example.com.
* Teaching and learning development and resources center (for video-equipment rental and technical support on Adobe Connect):
Mr. Chih-Lung Tsai, ext. 2166, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Sheng-Yen Li, ext. 2164, email: email@example.com
Office of Library and Information Services for technical support on:
* Cyber University and U Meeting: Ms. Yu-Chieh Lin, ext. 2525,
* Microsoft Teams: Mr. Yi-hsiung Ting, ext. 2458,
* Cisco WebEx: Ms. Ying-ying Lyu, ext. 2459,
* Google Meet: Mr. Chong-yu Huang, ext. 2522,
For counseling support, contact the Office of Student Affairs:
* Licensed practical nurse (LPN) Ms. Kuo, ext. 2252.
* Psychologist Ms. Ya-chu Chuang, ext. 2233.